200 + Employees
Table of Contents
Job Position – Senior Quantity Surveyor- Reporting/Estimating
Job Details Here
About this opportunity
Senior professional that will be based in Qatar and will be responsible for managing costs and budgets of construction projects, including new builds, renovations, and maintenance works – from early cost advice to settlement of the final account.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Senior support to Country Director in delivering Gleeds business objectives.
- Positively engaging with Clients and developing, growing and maintaining Client relationships.
- Delivering high quality services and ensuring that cost management deliverables meet Clients’ requirements.
- Managing projects to deliver high quality services and deliverables in accordance with the Gleeds procedures.
- Preparing and presenting order of cost estimates and option studies.
- Senior cost planning.
- Senior cost-in-use studies.
- Advising on and implementing procurement strategies.
- Preparing tender documentation and managing the tender process, including designing tender marking schemes.
- Evaluating and reporting on tenders.
- Valuing completed work and arranging for payments.
- Settling final accounts.
- Providing senior technical advice on legal and contractual issues relating to construction projects.
- Administrating contracts as Contract Administrator or Employer’s Agent.
- Producing and presenting reports to Clients.
- Mentoring and coaching employees to their full potential.
- Identifying new business opportunities and driving growth across the territory.
- Preparing bids for services.
- Advising Directors promptly of any issues that have arisen, or that might arise, on projects; in particular those that might impact on Gleeds professional indemnity (PI) insurance.
Who we’re looking for:
Experience, Knowledge and Key Skills
- Shall have a minimum 10 years post graduate demonstrable experience in all aspects of pre and post contract quantity surveying activities including managing the team and producing reports
- Shall have a minimum 5 years’ experience in the Middle East
- Shall have a minimum 3 years’ experience on an infrastructure project in excess of US$100m
- Shall have minimum 2 years’ experience with a consultancy organization on pre contract
- quantity surveying services including estimating/budgeting etc.
- Must be registered with the Ministry of Municipality and Urban Planning (MMUP) from Qatar
- Sound knowledge and practical experience of cost estimating and planning.
- Cohesive knowledge of construction methods and materials.
- Practical knowledge of construction procurement strategies, including tendering and contract strategies.
- Sound knowledge and experience of post-contract cost management tasks
- Clear and effective communication skills – both oral and written
- Methodical way of thinking and approach to work
- Organisational skills and the ability to quickly adapt to changing environments.
- Excellent problem, negotiating, finance and numeracy management skills
- Sound ICT skills, with a good level of proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Ability to absorb complex information and assess requirements readily
- Clear understanding of legislation impacting on building contracts
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Hold a degree in Quantity Surveying, Civil or Mechanical Engineering. Chartered status is a preference.
Be part of the extraordinary
Every day at Gleeds, we influence the way people around the world live, work and travel. Delivering on the world’s most iconic projects for globally renowned clients, our teams solve complex problems that shape the future of the built environment.
One of the qualities we value in people, is the ability to think creatively about the solutions we offer to clients. With 71 offices spanning the Americas, Europe, MENA and Asia Pacific our ability to innovate and improve is a product of the varied backgrounds and experience of our people. We welcome new perspectives and ideas.
Above all, we believe that quality relationships sit at the heart of good business. We strive to be the people that seek to understand and bring people together. Wherever we are in the world, our aspiration is to leave a positive legacy for people and local communities, whilst living and breathing our three core values:
- We’re committed to our clients and our people
- We’re creative and realistic
- We combine professionalism with personality
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications regardless of age, disability, marital status, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status or gender.
We recognise the importance of work/life balance and agree flexible working arrangements to suit each individual.
Gleeds is a gold standard investor in people employer.
FOLLOW US FOR MORE LIVE UPDATES
Jobs in Dubai – Click Here
Jobs in Abu Dhabi – Click Here
Jobs in Ajman – Click Here
Jobs in Al Ain – Click Here
Jobs in Bahrain – Click Here
Jobs in Dammam – Click Here
Jobs in Doha – Click Here
Jobs in Kuwait – Click Here
Jobs in Oman – Click Here
Jobs in Qatar – Click Here
Jobs in Riyadh – Click Here
Jobs in Sharjah – Click Here
Jobs in Saudi Arabia – Click Here
Jobs in United Arab Emirates – Click Here