200 + Employees
UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency
Table of Contents
Job Position – Senior Digital Influencer
Job Details Here
Terms of Reference
Based within the Private Sector Partnership (PSP) unit, the Middle East & North Africa (MENA) office seeks to work with digital influencers to leverage opportunities in support of UNHCR’s fundraising goals (direct and indirect eg via donations and lead generation campaigns).
For the purposes of this post Digital Influencers are defined as having primarily risen to prominence online and have built their image/brand/influence/voice via their social media/online platforms (youtubers, vloggers, Instagramers etc) and can include those who have a background in E-sports,or other backgrounds but have a strong presence on digital media platforms.
UNHCR high profile supporters (HPS) and Goodwill Ambassadors (GWA) are celebrities who have achieved a high level of mainstream recognition and respect through their contribution via the Arts/Sport/Culture. HPS/GWA are managed by the Goodwill Ambassador (GWA, Global Communications Service) team.
Many HPS/GWA also have significant social media followings and have become digital influencers in their own right. Similarly, the term “celebrity” can now apply equally to digital influencers given the scale of many of their online followings or, for micro influencers, their high engagement rate. Therefore close coordination between PSP and the GWA team is necessary.
Based within the Private Sector Partnership (PSP) unit, the Middle East & North Africa (MENA) office seeks to work with digital influencers to leverage opportunities in support of UNHCR’s fundraising campaigns (direct and indirect eg via donations and advocacy campaigns).
Purpose and Scope of Assignment
Under the supervision of the PPH Officer, the Senior Outreach Associate-(Digital Influencer Engagement) will be responsible for the following:
- Prospect and recruit new digital influencers in consultation with the relevant teams, ensuring that digital influencers activities and recruitment processes adhere to UNHCR’s policies and guidelines
- Create and execute an annual digital influencer plan in support of PSP fundraising campaigns (including Ramadan, Islamic Philanthropy, Winter, advocacy); emergency campaigns; digital and advocacy initiatives
- In close collaboration with the Islamic Philanthropy team, prospect and recruit content creators, HPS, and digital influencers to champion the Refugee Zakat Fund and help achieve the programmes’ objectives.
- Project manage digital influencer support of campaigns and partnerships from initial outreach through to development of clear briefs through to post campaign reporting, including campaign activation and talent content creation
- Customize PSP MENA fundraising campaigns to influencers engagement campaigns to maximize the impact of these campaigns, and create public moments
- Create materials and messaging: Write and develop briefs and guidelines, project management timelines, briefings, translate and create other engagement materials and messaging for influencers. Prepare presentations and materials that explain indluencers’ strategy and results for key internal and external stakeholders
- Support relationship management: coordinate the day-to-day activities of existing MENA digital influencers and some priority high-profile supporters in the region, noting priorities for PSP in the region
- Help plan and travel in consultations with the field offices field missions with digital influencers and high-profile supporters ensuring clear objectives are developed and measurable outputs delivered
- Liaise closely with MENA Public Information colleagues to ensure coordinated and integrated work across fundraising/communications in relation to the work of digital influencers
- Engage and deliver digital influencer and specific high profile support to leverage PSP led partnerships, including with prospect and existing digital and corporate partners, trust/foundations, high net worth and individual donors to monitor and evaluate the impact and ROI of digital influencer engagement
- Capitalize on digital influencers abilities to increase the UNHCR brand familiarity and visibility.
- Support the team in the day to day record keeping, archiving, and upkeep of our existing and new pool of digital influencers.
- knowledge of new/alternative media platforms to reach niche audiences such as Gen-Z, tech reviewers, gamers…etc.
- Perform other duties as required.
Monitoring and Progress Controls
- Create a pool of Islamic philanthropy specific digital influencers and thought leaders to support the Refugee Zakat Fund’s outreach goals
- Develop an annual digital influencer engagement plan in support of key fundraising campaigns
- Create a stakeholder map for the expansion of UNHCR’s base of influencers and high-profile supporters.
- Maintain an up to date portfolio of digital influencers and supporters, recording all collaborations, events, meetings, segmented by campaigns and results
- Produce a quarterly newsletter including all outreach activities undertaken by our pool of supporters.
Qualifications And Experience
- Education (Level and area of required and/or preferred education)
Successful completion of secondary education with post-secondary certificate/training preferably with a University degree in Communication, Journalism, Marketing, Digital Marketing or other related fields.
- Work Experience
Minimum 5 years (2yrs with a bachelor’s degree) with relevant work experience or minimum 3 years of relevant work experience with an Undergraduate degree (the equivalent of a Bachelor’s- Influencer marketing and engagement.
- Digital influencer/celebrity recruitment and management in a cause-related environment within MENA/Gulf region
- Managing digital influencer projects with multi-platform components
- Project managing digital influencer events
- Working with MENA digital influencers and, where applicable, their management teams to reach mutually agreed outcomes.
- Key Competencies
- Demonstrated ability to steward high-level relationships
- Demonstrated ability to deliver fundraising goals via digital influencer and/or celebrity support
- Strong project management skills
- Innovation and creativity
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong writing skills, both in Arabic and English
- Able to manage multiple workflows simultaneously with effective prioritization and meeting strict deadlines
- Technological literacy and ability to apply for celebrity support via digital engagement techniques
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity
- Able to develop and maintain effective work relationships with international team members
- Fluent in English and Arabic
The position is open for nationals and candidates holding valid residency in UAE upon applying This position doesn’t require a functional clearance
FOLLOW US FOR MORE LIVE UPDATES
Jobs in Dubai – Click Here
Jobs in Abu Dhabi – Click Here
Jobs in Doha – Click Here
Jobs in Qatar – Click Here
Jobs in Saudi Arabia – Click Here
Jobs in United Arab Emirates – Click Here