200 + Employees
University Hospital Sharjah
Table of Contents
University Hospital Sharjah Jobs 2023
The vast University of Sharjah campus is next to the University Hospital of Sharjah (UHS). The prominent, top-tier hospital is known for its dedication to its patients and the exceptional services it provides. One of the top medical facilities in the area is us.
- To be responsible for all collection of venous blood, urine, or any body fluids from all patients as and when required by the clinicians with full knowledge of Laboratory Information System (LIS) in addition to optimal knowledge of names and lists of various laboratory tests name.
- To be responsible to follow hospital policy and procedure for disposable of sharps and other hazardous waste. Any accidentals with sharp must be immediately reported to Safety officer and hospital quality department.
- To follow and comply with all policies and procedures written within Department of Pathology Laboratory pertaining to their work areas.
Summary of Main Duties
- To be responsible for collection of venous blood from all patients as and when required by the clinicians
- Receive the request order and collect specimens from patients and on LIS.
- Creating test orders with the help of lab clinical pathologists for Walk-in out-patients.
- To label the collected specimens and ensure their dispatch to relevant laboratory sections as per P & P.
- To be aware of skin antisepsis, basic anatomy of skin and various types of anticoagulant used for different tests.
- To work strictly according to the duty rota laid down by the Lab Manager.
- To work strictly within the rules and regulations laid down by the Hospital Infection Control Committee, for dealing with Patients specially in the high risk area.
- To follow hospital policy procedure for disposable of sharps and other hazardous waste. Any accidentals with sharp must be immediately reported to Safety office and hospital quality department.
- To work as Laboratory Technical Assistants as per the requirements of various laboratory sections. .
- To perform other duties in the laboratory that are requested within his/her specialty.
- To follow all policies and procedures written within Department of Pathology Laboratory pertaining to their work areas.
- Integration with other tasks.
- Directions and instructions provided by the Senior phlebotomist.
Bsc, Laboratory Medical Sciences graduate or Nurse, preferably technologists.
Position criteria Other Skills/Abilities
- MOH License
- Minimum 4 years experience of phlebotomy work in a busy hospital medical laboratory.
Job Details Here
• American Specialty Board or equivalent in accordance with MOH Table of Equivalency.
• 5 years’ clinical experience post certification in the appropriate specialty, in active, acute care accredited institution or equivalent.
• BLS Certificate
• ACLS Certificate
• UAE Ministry of Health License
FOLLOW US FOR MORE LIVE UPDATES
Jobs in Dubai – Click Here
Jobs in Abu Dhabi – Click Here
Jobs in Doha – Click Here
Jobs in Qatar – Click Here
Jobs in Saudi Arabia – Click Here
Jobs in United Arab Emirates – Click Here