200 + Employees
Table of Contents
Job Position – IT Hardware and Software Asset Manager
Job Details Here
Role and Responsibilities:
- Responsible and accountable for the entire life-cycle management of information technology assets, i.e. hardware and software.
- Manage acquisition, deployment, utilization, tracking, security, and final disposition of IT assets.
- Respond to requests from end users, managers, and others – internal and external.
- Ensure that IT assets are always tracked and accounted for.
- Develop and maintain ITAM guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Serve as IT hardware and software asset management subject matter expert.
- Strive to Implement best ITAM practices.
- Educate associates about company ITAM policies.
- Data analysis across all asset classes ensuring accurate reporting and focused efforts can be implemented where remediation is required.
- Support and participate in the acquisition process, ensuring that the best value is obtained.
- Endeavor to establish and maintain the highest standards on the financial return of IT assets.
- Make wise decisions on repair/replace of an asset, following the policy.
- Handle assets lost/missing and stolen cases.
- Ensure that the final disposition of IT assets meets the highest standards, protecting information and the accuracy of the disposition records as well as local and international environmental laws are not violated.
- Ensures audit compliance for IT assets, that the department maintain accurate record of all IT hardware & software licenses, service agreements, contracts, proof of purchases, warranties for our software/hardware, and information regarding deployed and in-stock inventory of all equipment.
- Strong understanding and hold on inventory management and replenishment.
- Monitor and analyze trends in the organization’s spending and inventory control to make recommendations for the future, and to identify areas for possible savings and/or optimization.
- Assist technology leadership with annual budget projections and planning.
- Execute regular Asset Reconciliation exercise.
- Collaborate with management to define cost savings, asset compliances and service improvements.
- Track and renew Hardware and Software maintenance agreements and warranties.
- Research equipment/software and make recommendations on vendors, manufacturers, and product version.
- Support documentation standards by ensuring that all the documents are readily available during normal operations as well as during any emergency.
- Research new concepts and share the knowledge with administration to help make the best decisions regarding adapting new policies, processes, procedures, and technologies.
- Always maintain the highest standard of personal and professional conduct.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or other related field or equivalent work experience.
- IAITAM CITAM, CHAMP, CITAD, CSAM, CAMSE Certification preferred.
Skills And Experience
- 5+ years of IT Hardware and Software Asset Management experience in large enterprise environment.
- Possesses significant current technical knowledge of IT hardware and software. Proven track record of IT inventory management.
- Solves problems and makes business decisions independently, with the focus on cost reduction, increase efficiency and quality.
- Understanding of the budgetary process and how ITAM relates to CapEx and OpEx expenses.
- Knowledge of physical asset security, control, and auditing.
- Ability to read and interpret software license agreements to determine usage restrictions, entitlement limits, license metric definitions, and reporting responsibilities.
- Experience in agreements negotiations with SW publishers, HW manufacturers, other vendors.
- Knowledge of licensing agreements and terminology involving software, particularly with Tier one vendors such as Adobe, Microsoft, and Oracle.
- Demonstrable experience with ServiceNow asset management and ServiceNow Reporting.
- Ability to write complex documents (may include policies and procedures and presentations). Communicates with a wide variety of individuals (employees and all levels of management) throughout the organization and outside of the organization (i.e. clients, vendors). Exceptional communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
Minimum Clearance Required To Start
Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran.
FOLLOW US FOR MORE LIVE UPDATES
Jobs in Dubai – Click Here
Jobs in Abu Dhabi – Click Here
Jobs in Ajman – Click Here
Jobs in Al Ain – Click Here
Jobs in Bahrain – Click Here
Jobs in Dammam – Click Here
Jobs in Doha – Click Here
Jobs in Kuwait – Click Here
Jobs in Oman – Click Here
Jobs in Qatar – Click Here
Jobs in Riyadh – Click Here
Jobs in Sharjah – Click Here
Jobs in Saudi Arabia – Click Here
Jobs in United Arab Emirates – Click Here